Pageviews past week

Monday, April 4, 2011

MEXICAN FRITILLARY CATERPILLAR & BUTTERFLY.

This is an internet photo.

Also an internet photo...I put a picture on this blog last year that I took- asking "what is it?"...because I couldn't find it on the internet...after alot of looking and looking I found it. These are all over our yard every morning.

I took this picture last year..pretty good huh? You can see pollen on the butterfly's wings. (click on it to enlarge) At the time I did not know that it was what the caterpillar turns into. O.K....biology lesson over.

1 comment:

David said...

Dear Mary,

Thanks for the latest pics. WOW, your butterfly pic is fantastic! Really exceptional quality. It looks like Spring has sprung in Del Rio, another strong indication of Spring is Gene in his baseball jersey.

Love,
Dave