Pageviews past week

Monday, February 27, 2012

CROSSES FOR THE REV. KIM BURKE.

I send these to my pal Kim who preaches in Boerne, TX. I find bits of wood, inexpensive crosses, beads, buttons, toothpicks etc. etc.

Add caption

I find alot of my bases (pieces of wood) at the local Bargain Box Thrift Store. It benefits Hospice and I volunteer there 3 days a week.

The 2 maroon roses were a pair of my Aunt Anna's earrings...also the sorta orange sparkly things on the left & right cross-bars. Nobody wears clip on earrings...so what was I going to do w/ them? Betcha can't guess what the spiral wire is....PAPERCLIPS!

Spread this paint by blowing thru a straw. I like beads.
Forgot to turn off my flash.

Grrrr...again w/ the flash. These colorful ones are Mexican inspired.

I sent Kim a batch of 6...now I have 5 more ready. She visits nursing homes and meets w/ children in need and gives them away. I haven't seen her in years and glad I thought of her to send them to. She might take a few to Africa this summer for her missionary work. Which is YOUR favorite?

1 comment:

jamey poole said...

I like the Blue and Gold one with the beads!
Such a great idea to send these to Kim. I bet she (and the ultimate recipients) will be thrilled!! Great work, mom :)