Pageviews past week

Friday, May 25, 2012

MOVING DAY- 5/19/2012

I did not take many pictures on moving day...which was last Saturday. First of all my camera got packed and then I found it but was just too busy to do much w/ it. Too bad because there were some amusing moments. There were a few coin tosses to see who had to ride in the back of the truck. Gilbert is on the left. He's a junior at Gene's high school and on the track team. David is on the right and is graduating this year. He works hard on a ranch in Mexico. Gilbert came back and cut our grass at the old place and the new place.

David is moving my grandfather's dresser. Gee, our stuff has been moved around so much...it's a wonder any of it still exists. When I was a little girl...I used to steal chocolate covered mints from Woody's dresser. They were under clothing in the 2nd drawer. He HAD to have known...but never said a word about it.

This is Blanche. She is one of Gene's seniors also. She had asked to come help when Gene was recruiting students and he told her "no". I flipped out and said I needed help too. So, I was thrilled for her to come and help me clean and pack the kitchen and lots of art. She is very smart and pretty and mature for her age. I enjoyed spending the day w/ her. THAT GIRL CAN CLEAN!!

There's Avery...in the back. He's a graduating guy too. These were all very nice and hardworking youngsters.  They said we have alot of stuff. They needed the money. And believe me...it was HOT & hard work. They cussed my Daddy's desk because it's so big and cumbersome. But that was nothing compared to Gene's Mom's cast iron crossbar that the plantation bell and pots hang off of...they said: "What the HELL is this thing?" It took 4 guys to carry it to the truck. That item has become an albatross around our necks since we have become so mobile and non-home owners. We are still gathering up odds & ends from the garage and patio of the old place. I'm pretty fed up.

1 comment:

jamey poole said...

I'm so glad yall got help with the move-- all that stuff is HEAVY! Glad too, that Blanche was there to help with the cleaning and straightening up :) Dad's class provides much enthusiastic and affordable(?) labor ;)
xo
J.
PS post more pictures of the house please!