Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 29, 2012

THANKSGIVING 2012...PART 2. FT. CLARK SPRINGS.

I've been to Ft. Clark many times but there was still parts of it I had not seen. The spring fed pool is beautiful. They empty it and clean every Thursday. It's not as lovely or large as the Balmorhea spring fed pool near Pecos.

Toby checking out the icky non-pool side.

Jamey walking between the 2 water areas.

Pool on the right....non-pool on the left.

The non-swim side.

Fall/Winter is great time to visit...nobody there...except these goofy guys. Now I notice some slides in the background...I didn't see them that day & didn't go over there...so I guess I STILL haven't seen all the pool area.

Nice reflection.

I like these trees. Quite the "hairy" palm. The pools empty into this small creek. I can just see the troops watering the animals there 100 years ago...or more.

I didn't even know there WAS an outdoor theatre.

Basic...but pretty cool.

In front of the museum. Toby declined to get in with her.

Museum. A rough ride I'm sure.

You KNOW any wagon wheel is my favorite. I feel very drawn to them.

A relic looking odd with modern stuff behind it. That's all bloggers. Thanks for reading. And thanks to Toby and Jamey for visiting!!!!!!

2 comments:

David said...

Dear Mary,

Wow, it was good to see pics of Jamey and Toby. I hadn't seen them in a long time. I'm glad they were both there for Turkey Day. Very nice pics of Ft. Clark. It must have been a real oasis for the cowboys and soldiers in the old days. The block party looks like a lot of fun.

Love,
Dave

jamey poole said...

The pool with the banana trees in the background looks so beautiful-- nice one! :)
-- jamey