Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

JANUARY ART

Oops...that's not art.

Huh...well, usually my 'blog-maker' turns the pics around properly. Anyways this is gourd #6.

#6 was a Christmas present for Jamey.

I don't suppose this is actually 'art'...it's a pile of lavender sachets that I made from vintage hankies that were my Aunt Anna's. I mailed them to girls I love.

Wth? A sideways picture of a sachet...and it's off center. I'm perplexed...and don't care.

An up-side-down cross that had been kickin' around unfinished for at least 6 months.

I bought these 2 canes when I was in Cozumel in November. Finally finished painting the one on top. The bottom one is how they looked when I purchased them.

This had been kickin' around for at least a year. I always start something and then if I run into problems it just sits there and sits there. I'm not real happy with it...it hangs a bit 'cockeyed'. At least I finished it.

I bought this little lamp at the thrift shop last year for $5. It was a plain terracotta color. I had such a good time painting it that I knocked it out in 2 days. Jamey told me when she was here for Christmas to paint it...so I finally did.

2 comments:

David said...

Dear Mary,

Very nice work on the canes, the lamp, and the cross. OK, does the cross have Hot Tamale candy on it, or what?? Oh yeah, I'm real cultured and can evaluate art....check.

Love,
Dave

jamey poole said...

I love my lavender sachets! Thank you :)