Pageviews past week

Sunday, August 23, 2015

ON THE ROAD....

Rusty James in the back seat napping. Kay put Jamey's hat on him to keep off the sun. This was a long travel day. We went from New Paltz all the way to Manhattan. We drove along the Hudson River much of the way and it was very pretty. I didn't take many pictures.

Jamey knows I like historical stuff so she took us to see The Old Stone Church in Cragsmoor, N.Y. It was built in 1896. We rang the bell. Alot of weddings are held here as well as regular services.

You walk around the back of the church and under this arch...and the view is breathtaking....

See?

I loved this carving inside the church.

I like it.

Jamey, Rusty James and her car..."Little Red". The car was absolutely stuffed with all kinds of baggage and sundries. We barely fit...but traveled well and the A/C worked great. Good ol' Little Red.

I liked this window very much. Each little square has a symbol for a different religion...it even had the yin/yang symbol. To me this is what it's all about. A church recognizing and welcoming EVERYONE of every religion and persuasion.

This is the historic Music Hall in Tarrytown, N.Y. They have alot of comedy and music shows there. Jamey has been and wants to see Loretta Lynn there in November. I should've gotten a better picture of the front...the brickwork is amazing.

This little restaurant is called Sweetgrass in Tarrytown. We were starving by this time and it was very hot. We sat outside and the server brought Rusty James a big bowl of water. The food was excellent and the service was EXCEPTIONAL....can't remember the last time I had 4 servers fawning over me...but in an unobtrusive way.

The Music Hall. I got this off the internet. This travel day is kind of a blur to me. I remember going thru Sleepy Hollow and seeing the cemetery...and Cold Springs which is RIGHT on the Hudson...it was all very pretty countryside and small towns. I could live in any of them.

No comments: