Pageviews past week

Friday, October 28, 2011

Final NYC Post. C.J. & Mary-Part #5. Oct. 2011.

We saw two shows. This picture is from "Book of Mormon" which is a pretty hot and popular show on Broadway. My first real Broadway show! We always do off (or off-off) Broadway because of the prices. C.J. really wanted to see this. Jamey had a connection and C.J.'s husband Kevin surprised us with 4th row center tickets. It's about a mismatched pair of Mormon elders that end up in Uganda. Great bawdy humor with excellent singing and dancing.

Then we went and saw "Arias With A Twist"....that was my choice. It's sorta impossible to describe but I'll try: the only actor is drag queen Joey Arias who sings and the moving sets are incredible with master puppetry by Basil Twist. It was the night before their closing after a 2 year run. Lots more bawdy fun.

We took a quick turn thru Chelsea Market before our big lunch at Spice Market. I could've stayed there all day.  It used to be the The National Biscuit Factory (where the Oreo cookie was invented) and is 22 buildings over 2 square blocks.

The industrial-ness of Chelsea Market is very cool. They had a BIG bakery, clothes stores, fantastic florists, restaurant equipment, and all kinds of specialty food stores and restaurants. Upstairs there are offices and TV production facilities...Food Network is one of them....................................................................................................I could blog forever about NYC because after all...It's NEWYORKCITY! I didn't really take so very many pictures considering all we saw and did. I was too busy just taking it all in ya know? It's fun to watch people walking their dogs...New Yorkers love their dogs. We saw every kind of dog you can think of...and there was only 1 ugly one. It was also kinda neat to find yourself on different streets that specialized in a certain product...one we were on had only stores of fabrics....and another block that was nothing but lighting and lamp stores. Of course everything in the windows was BEAUTIFUL!! C.J. and I wish NYC had more bathrooms. Thanks for checking my vacation blog. We sure had the best time ever. Thanks to Jamey!!!! Also thanks to Diego, David, Kevin, Chrissie, Michelle, Tracey and Seth.

2 comments:

jamey poole said...

It was such a great visit!-- so much fun :) You did a great job with these posts-- excellent pictures and descriptions. I especially like the picture of you and I on the couch in the lobby of the hotel :)

I hope you come back again soon!!

Love,
jamey

Dan G. said...

Looks like a very cool trip. Bobbie wants to go to NYC very much. I don't have the same desire. If you need a travel companion, I'm sure she would jump at the chance.
Love,
Dan