Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

LET'S GO TO NOLA! Part 1

We liked that our hotel was in the Central Business district right next to the Arts District and away from all the French Quarter chaos. C.J.'s checking out a sculpture made of glass. Lots of art galleries.

I just really enjoyed all the murals in New Orleans. A cab driver (who was a retired fireman of 35 yrs.) told us that prisoners are given art lessons if they are so inclined and then employed painting murals when they are released from jail. It cuts down on the graffitti.

This mural is so big I couldn't get it all in my picture...without losing the detail.

Here's part of the rest of the painting...it's nice!

We liked our hotel alot! Small (40 rooms), quaint, charming, a little rundown but remodeling was going on. We had a big suite. T.V. in the sitting area and bedroom also...and a sofa-bed.

T'other side. Wet bar w/ fridge. It was nice and quiet. They accept pets and all the staff were really nice!

Hotel Lafayette. There was a ritzy steak restaurant on the left and a good happy hour bar on the right. The restaurant was busy so I guess had good food but we didn't eat there.

Right across the street was Lafayette Square. It was too hot to hesitate there...The square is surrounded by Federal buildings...court and stuff.

Another mural. Surprisingly I had excellent red beans and rice w/ sausage at Zatarain's at the airport before we left for Texas. It was spicy and made me sweat.

Beads, beads and more beads....everywhere. I like this picture alot. They're in the trees, hanging of off street lights, balconies etc.etc. I brought some home and tossed 'em in my little oak tree to keep the gris-gris and bad mojo away.

No comments: