Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

AROUND THE TOWN SOME MORE...Del Rio.

My friend who grew up here says that this cantina was a really rough place. It has a long history of inhabitants and it's share of tall tales. I posted a picture of this place in my Diez-Y-Sies blog. This place fascinates me to no end. It's one of the few buildings that survived the flood of 1998. I intend to find out more about it. It is closed now. Who will occupy it next? It comes with a white cat. I WANT THESE WALLS TO TALK TO ME!!
This sign belongs with the building shown in the next picture.
I feel very drawn to Brown Plaza and everything about it.
T'other side of Brown Plaza.
The Old Roswell Hotel. It is now The Roswell Housing Complex...for old folks. When I am 70 I will live there and dry my just washed undies in the window.
Don't you love it? This is downtown by an old bank.
This person was born in Italy in 1851. There was a large Italian community in Del Rio. They planted the grape vines, farmed and were excellent stone masons. Many of their buildings still stand today. Our 3 cemeteries are kept up just beautifully! I took alot of photos there but won't bore you w/ them. I am so fond of cemeteries...they are history.
There are alot of wonderful old houses in Del Rio. I just drive around takin' pictures of them.
Another good one. Kept up very well.
Not kept up so well...but I have high hopes for Ol' Nick's Barbershop. It is for sale. You can make alot of money charging $4. for a haircut...anyone? If those walls could talk.

No comments: