Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS & PHOTOS-AKA We have alot of junk.

Bennie HAS a pillow. Bennie IS a pillow. Harold has NO pillow.
I just don't know where to put it all. Our fence is in such sad shape that we don't want to hang anything on it and it may be replaced in the coming months anyways.
This is the only thing in our backyard and it looks like it's dyin'. Hackberry trees are shit trees...weeds...but it's a place to hang some stuff.
Bennie spends all his outside time right here in this spot. He is on "cat duty"...there are alot next door.
Gene's fountains are set up and we enjoy them.
More yard junk.
WTF IS THIS? I can't find anything like him online. Will it turn into a flying bug? Is it an actual caterpillar? Del Rio has a TON of bugs....most of them weird.
This picture is for my sister Jane. She gave us these coffee bags. Our garage is decorated...aren't they cool? The bag 2nd from the right is hand painted. They are from Ethiopia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Hawaii.
Our back patio where we spend alot of time.
OTHER SMALL NEWS: We went to Pecos last Saturday, spent the night and returned to Del Rio Sunday with the truck and car packed up very full. We hardly left room for the dogs! Visited with the neighbors and George, Peggy, Rosie & Randy came by to see us. We were invited to dinner at Debbie and Neal Thomas' house. Great food and nice to visit w/ them and Bessie and "Carl the plumber".
I'm glad to have my car again. Had it here 2 days and now it appears to need some doctorin'. A light is blinking. Got out the owners manuel and it says the transmission needs attention. Aw hell...it's only got 216,600 miles on it. PLEASE car...hang on one more year. Then we'll have the pick up truck paid off and can buy something else.
EVERYBODY in this town is getting a new roof. They look O.K. to me. Damn, those roofers are loud and busy and HOT! There was a big hail storm right before we moved here.
The Del Rio newspaper is daily and small and in English and then the same news in Spanish. I'd like to take Spanish classes.
A couple of hummingbirds have found my feeder that I just hung up. Wonder WHERE my hummers back in Pecos are finding food...at Zelma's house of course!
There are alot of fire ants here...I forgot what they are like...OW! It is 68% humidity...I forgot what that is like also.
I hope to see alot of Monarch butterflies in a couple of months moving thru here on their way to spend the winter in Mexico. 
That's all the news from DEL RIO: QUEEN OF THE RIO GRANDE". 

2 comments:

alicia said...

i really like your yard already. I can tell you are getting ready to do something out there. Your little dogs are so cute.

David said...

Dear Mary,
Thanks for the latest photos and news. I dig that patio, no wonder you dog spends so much time there.
Love,
Dave