Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 8, 2011

MAY 5, 2011. CINCO DE MAYO CELEBRATION.

Aguas Frescas anyone?

This lady is making my chicken gordita. It's a pita thing with meat, cabbage (or lettuce) and tomato. As we walked down the street to the party the smell of lots of frying grease was in the air.

This lady is eating a mango with chile powder and a lime to squeeze on it.

A coupla cuties.

Fryin' up gordita bread. Are they greasy? SI! Are they yummy? SI!

These little girls introduced themselves to me after I asked if I could take their picture.

We asked this guy: "whaddya cookin'?" And he said: "whatever you can grill, I've got it going." I was surprised to see a health inspector walking through the food booths with his clipboard.

The flags were being presented but you can't see them. Then they crowned about 5 or 6 queens of various ages.

The gazebo at Old Brown Plaza. I guess the music started much later after we left. I was disappointed. It was VERY crowded on Thursday night....there was even a traffic jam for parking! Friday night a storm blew in and we didn't go. Last night it was pretty quiet and not crowded.

This little girl has an excellent costume!

This familiar looking man has a good costume too...but only on his head. Gene sees alot of his students wherever we go.

There was all kinds of food.

No comments: