Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 5, 2011

SAN ANTONIO- APRIL 26, 2011. MISC. DOWNTOWN & SAMA.

I love the all the eclectic stuff I see.

I walked all the way down to Augusta St. This mosaic "couch" is on the river behind the Southwest Arts & Crafts complex.



I was sitting outside the hotel waiting for my ride and enjoyed watching a guy unload his Tequila truck...nice graphics.

Bruce and I went to the San Antonio Museum of Art housed in the old Lone Star Brewery. It was built in 1884 and was abandoned and in disrepair in the 1970's. It opened as the SAMA in 1981. It was my first visit and I LOVED it. It has 4 floors and we only saw the bottom floor. It's a huge place.

We saw a traveling exhibit of the Dalia Lama and Egyptian art from Boston. "Funerary" is our new favorite word. There was also Roman, Greek and Pre Columbian art. Our favorite was the ancient glass room.

The museum has a cafe and an excellent gift shop. I could spend at least a week in S.A. doing nothing but going to museums and eating good food.

No comments: