Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 5, 2011

SAN ANTONIO-APRIL 25, 2011 Witte Museum

Petrified wood. I've been visiting this museum since I was in Jr. High School. It's small and the exhibits don't always interest me...but I love it there. Just wandering around the grounds out back is a treat.

There are many different kinds of buildings out in the back area, mostly used for museum offices..so ya can't go inside.

Very neatly done and well maintained...now all they need is A/C and I'll move right in.

This little fellow said: "take my picture"...so I did.

A snakey wall sconce.


Their back gate is so beautiful...a true work of art. I'd be so proud if I had created this.

This is a little historical house where I used to attend summer art classes in 8th or 9th grade.

Since Fiesta had just ended they had on display some gowns from the 60's and 70's. They each have their own theme. I also really liked the black & white photos of old pictures of San Antonio from the 1890's-1950's.

No comments: